Our Little Piggie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Sonya

What's this...a post?! Yes! Sonya is currently napping which gives me a few minutes to speed blog!
There are a handful of you out there who have been checking my blog and requesting her birth story...so here's the quick version. :)
On Jan. 3rd I had a routine Dr. appointment just before noon where she accidentally broke my water doing a cervix check. Oops! We got ourselves (well actually me) cleaned up and hurried to the hospital! Good thing Ike was with me and that I am a 'planner' who had everything we needed in the van already!  At the hospital I laboured for 30 hours and even with the help? of pitocin (a drug to help induce labour/contractions) I remained stuck at 6cm. At 7pm on Jan. 4th my Dr. and a surgeon gave me my options and I nearly in tears (after being cut off from my epidural due to complications) quickly begged them to hurry up and cut me open and end the pain!  At 8:21pm we found out that our baby was a girl!  She was born just in time too as infection had begun to set in, in my uterus.  Both Sonya and I had to be put on antibiotics for several days but we did really well and had no issues with our health! We did however spend nearly a week in the hospital because Sonya lost too much weight after birth and her breathing had them slightly concerned.  It was kind of nice having the extra days there because I was well taken care of by the nurses, I didn't have to cook, and I didn't have to over exert myself which helped with the healing from surgery!  We were very happy though to finally be released on Jan. 9th...it was soooo nice to be at home where it was calm and quiet!
Ever since that day we've been doing awesome!  She has been growing like crazy and is one super strong kiddo!  Recently we've been getting between 5 and 6 uninterrupted hours of sleep at night which makes up for the need to be fed every 1-2 hours and snuggled all day!
I LOVE MY MINI ME!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment