Our Little Piggie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, December 7, 2009

My Baby



Some of you may understand this entry in my blog and some of you may shake your heads and say it's just a cat. Either way, Esther has been my cat for almost eight years...I got her when she was about six weeks old and she has become my baby! I don't spoil her much...she rarely gets wet cat food and never any table scraps except for the occasional sip of coffee (her favorite of course is Timmy's). Last week tuesday was the first time I've ever taken an animal to the vet...having grown up on the farm I don't believe in spending thousands on fixing up a pet...but my baby was in obvious distress as her breathing had become difficult for her and I didn't want her to suffer. They did an x-ray to see what was wrong and it showed that she had so much fluid around her heart and lungs that you couldn't even see them on the x-ray. The vet dr. then drained half a cup of fluid from around her lungs and took another x-ray to see what was causing the fluid to build up. She discovered a mass in her chest to be the culprit. There's nothing we can do for her as surgery to remove it is of course thousands of dollars and I can't justify that. So they gave her a shot of steroids to POSSIBLY shrink the mass and we brought her home and spoiled her all week knowing that she is dying. Today it is obvious that the fluid has returned as she has stopped eating and can't seem to get comfortable as breathing is laboured. I had to get my husband to call the vet to make the appointment as I can't bear to think about putting her down...Tomorrow I will say goodbye to her for forever.




2 comments:

  1. So sorry to here this sad news, its so hard to loose a pet. For us they are like a part of the family. (dogs and cats, not the many fish I can't seem to keep living)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry Candy!! That's terrible news and so very hard to do. Sometimes it sucks to be a grown up and have to deal with this stuff.

    ReplyDelete