Our Little Piggie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Happy Gilmore!

Guess what I did yesterday! I went golfing...gasp. Yesterday was the fire department's annual golf and steak dinner/presentations evening. I'm not too keen on sitting with some of the stuck up ladies, who all know each other and gossip about other people, while my husband golfs for two hours before dinner...So....Ike convinced me to golf with him. We were a bit late getting to the course and ended up being the last team on the green. After hacking up 3 holes we caught up to the fire chief (Irv), his wife (Grace), the former fire chief (Bob) and his wife (Ange). They asked us to join them as they were playing 'best ball' because none of them are competitive players. I didn't feel too insecure playing with them because some of them suck worse than me! Bob, who was our best player (he's more of a regular golfer), was very encouraging and Irv is just a goof which helped me to have a great time despite my poor attempt at this game! I had such a good time that I'm considering trying again sometime this summer. Who knew I'd like chasing a ball around with an iron stick!?!


Sure am sore though...

2 comments:

  1. Ha! That's awesome!!! If you want a few pointers you can always ask Grandpa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea! I'll be sure to let him know that you need advice on lawn and garden care too! ;)

    ReplyDelete