Our Little Piggie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

New Stuff Is EXCITING!!!

On Friday I ordered our new kitchen cabinets...wooo wooo six weeks away from wonderful chaos! Yes...we did change the style and went with a more workable 'L' shaped kitchen...I got EVERYTHING I wanted this way and less wasted space! Plus my kitchen/Dining area will feel much bigger! The cupboards are basically going to be this colour...Maple in Espresso. I have yet to choose a countertop but I'm thinking something in a lighter colour...and my double sink is a Granite composite in Champagne.

To the right of the fridge is my pantry with pull out drawers and to the left is a broom closet. Of course there's plenty of storage in the cupboards above.

I have many wonderful full extend drawers for all of my stuff. The "cabinet" on the left is a special make just for me! The appliance garage will hide my microwave! The upper cupboard to the left of the stove will have some tray dividers for my cookie sheets and pans. The lower cupboard to the right of the stove is actually a pull out spice rack...and there is a corner cupboard there but no lazy susan cause I hate them! My sink cabinet includes a tilt out tray to hide icky scrubbies. The far right upper cupboard (that you can't really see) is a corner unit with glass door to show off some of my nicer crystal.
Last week my special order chandelier for our bedroom came in and on saturday we went and picked it up...I also splurged and bought a fancy light switch for it! Fancy meaning it's a dimmer switch with a remote!!! The remote is important because then we won't argue over who has to go turn off the lights!


And....(Drumroll................) Yesterday....Ike went and picked up our gorgeous flooring! (Tropical Walnut) It's even better than I thought! I can't wait for it to be installed!!!!


2 comments:

  1. First: Your wood floor is stunning! Great colour choice, Candy! How long do you have to wait before you can install it? Doesn't the flooring have to sit in your house for a week or something in order for it to reach the same humidity? Second: I'm so glad that you got everything you wanted for your cabinets. I can't believe they're going to be installed so quickly (I bet it's not fast enough for you though!). Having your kitchen all organized will make it easier to live with all the other chaos. I love that you picked dark cabinets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flooring...yep it does have to sit for a week or two before we can start...and then we are getting a professional to come and help us start so that we get it started right and do the rest right but after that we're on our own so who knows how long it'll take...although I can be a bit of a slave driver at times. :)
    Kitchen....It can't come soon enough...but it will be a horrible couple of weeks when it does because we have to remove old ones...remove old pantry...remove backsplash tiles and re-drywall there...move some plumbing (for dishwasher and fridge)...paint and install flooring all before the new cabinets can go in....

    ReplyDelete