Our Little Piggie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sonntag

Today we woke up and thought, "How can we make ourselves feel like outsiders, lost, and totally awkward?" Hmmm...how about we go to a Sangerfest in Schanzenfeld! Yep you read right! Ike's co-worker Galina invited us to her german church today for an all day song festival complete with delicious lunch. You wouldn't think that in a sea of white people at a church you could feel so uncomfortable...after all I did put a dress on (it may have been a notch too colourful). Despite how uncomfortable we were they did treat us really well; playing musical pews to allow a seat for us, giving us headphones so we could listen to a paraphrasing translator, letting me know about an enclosed corner for nursing in the quiet room(which I didn't use cause I already was in the quiet room why do I need to hide? I cover up...lol), and picking us out in a crowd of about 1000 people and ushering us to the front of the lunch line up(while 2000 eyes watched)!
Even though we felt so very awkward I have to say that it was pretty good...it felt like a typical Mennonite church with an amazing choir, great food, and my personal favorite boys in slacks with mini frilly aprons acting as busboys during the lunch(if I hadn't felt a million eyes on me I would've snapped a picture!! Guess you'll just have to use your wild imaginations!)

UPDATE:
Apparently my husband is bolder than I am! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment