Our Little Piggie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, March 20, 2009

Old News


So here's some old news...In January my mother-in-law and I flew down to Jacksonville, Florida for some business courses. My in-laws work for a trucking company whose headquarters happen to be in sunny Florida. She wanted me to be able to help her with her new endeavors as she hopped the fence and is now booking freight rather than hauling it! The classes were long and most were B o r i n g...but they took us out for fancy dinners every night; where we could order whatever we wanted....and drink whatever we wanted...lol. Pussers by the way is the best restaurant in Jacksonville...and their "Painkillers" oooh so wonderful cocktail plus you can keep the tin mug it comes in....SWEET!
So apparently I'm Hazmat certified and a lush....I had a great time...our group was super awesome....went and had a few too many drinks with them at Ruby Tuesdays on our last night there...could barely keep my eyes opened in class the next morning...ugh.
Ohhhh and then the flight home...I was sooo afraid. So we board the(connecting flight) plane after walking miles and miles and miles through the Chicago airport. It's 8ish in the evening..."surprisingly" the flight to Winnipeg was so empty that the pilot had to ask us to spread out more throughout the plane to distribute the weight more evenly...weird...And then off we went...I thought that the flight felt weird...we sure were turning and changing altitude alot but whatever I was tired. "We're almost home" I thought 45minutes into the flight....Just then the pilot comes on the intercom and tells us that we're returning to Chicago...actually never really left...due to generator failure...apparently two out of the three generators weren't working and so they didn't want to risk the trip with only one. I've never been on a plane that has landed so quickly....20minutes later we were back in the airport awaiting a new plane...by the time we boarded the new one it was 11ish. Sigh...I was so tired I wanted to cry...we were supposed to be home already...They didn't want to keep us overnight due to an incoming storm so we had no choice but to be REALLY late! 1:30am finally arrived in Winnipeg...of course the Winnipeg airport shuts down from about midnight to 6am so they had scarce staff at 1:30am...we had to walk on the tarmak -35C because they were too lazy to use the "leech"(Laura's name for the attachable walkway/tunnel). Sigh at least the customs guys were in a good mood and a hurry to go home too...lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment