Our Little Piggie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Volcanic Experiences

Martha is quirky, humorously sarcastic, naive, and crazy! She's also a health nut, who has inspired me to be a bit more healthy...I now add flax seed and wheat germ and sunflower seeds to cookies and smoothies...which is a HUGE step for me! Sometimes though I think she goes a bit overboard...like paying more for a hotel room with continental breakfast so that they don't have to bring their own yogurt and bran bars--because going out to a real restaurant for breakfast just wouldn't sit right. She is constantly doing cleanses...which brings me to the best part of this entry on Martha. In her quest for the best cleanse, she found this tea at the health store and decided that her and her husband should try it....Apparently you steep the tea for 8 hours and then drink it in the morning for a couple of days...A more natural way to cleanse...However, on the box it did have some more recommendations on how to make it MORE effective...and of course Martha will try anything! So...at work she proceeds to tell me about this tea and the pre-tea recommended dose of...baking soda and vinegar!?! I nearly pee'd my pants...I couldn't stop picturing one of those science experiment volcanoes erupting....or the image of 'Draino' foam expanding in the pipes. Who drinks baking soda and vinegar and admits to it!? Well apparently Martha does...man she does the weirdest things. The best part is that despite what will happen for her later...she admits to probably doing it again. I will update on monday when I find out just how powerful Martha's volcano was.

No comments:

Post a Comment