Our Little Piggie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Jack's Specialty!

Oh wow I am terrible at blogging on a regular basis...Sorry fans! I'll pull a Jack and post some random pics from this past year to keep you entertained for the day! I hope you appreciate them because they take me all day to upload...stupid dial-up. :)


Before Charlie was born I had started a special sewing project as a gift for him! I think that I mentioned this in an earlier blog but couldn't show pics just in case the surprise would be blown. The puppy took me two days to make...he was easier than I thought and I was eager to finish him so that I could play with him! :) The blanket took me ALOT longer due to the fact that the material was difficult to work with. It kept stretching in all the wrong ways and made the squares difficult to line up just right. Not to mention the stupid blanket binding (ribbon sewn around the perimeter of the blanket to cover the unfinished edges)...I tried following the very vague directions which didn't make much sense and fought to make the corners even and tight...in the end I just had to tell myself that it IS a homemade blanket and that it doesn't need to be PERFECT! It still turned out very cute...However, next time I'll make sure to check the material's stretch before purchasing.
Close-up of super soft puppy I made for Charlie. I have to admit that I had a hard time giving him up...he was just so cute and cuddly. I even got a high five from my dad, at Christmas, once they realized that he wasn't store bought!


Occasionally Ike and I will have a bath together....I know it's a weird thing to share with you guys BUT I always find it hilarious how pruny his hands get as compared to mine and this is what I really wanted to share! Even his palms are wrinkly!


My kitty loves to play in our chairs! Silly Momma!

1 comment:

  1. That dog looks store bought! You did an excellent job on the dog and the blanket. I have a big pile of sewing projects sitting here waiting for you when you come to visit!

    ReplyDelete