Our Little Piggie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day!

I've received some complaints about my lack of blogging. Apparently somebody gets bored at work and really wants to know what kind of mundane things I've been up to on a daily basis. So...I am going to TRY to make entries once a day no matter how sad and boring they may be! (notice try is in capitals...).
This year was the first year that I have had a real mother's day! Claudia did not visit with her mom this weekend and so I actually had a child for the day. She was really sweet, her and my mother-in-law had gone shopping for a couple of gifts and a card. The notebook from TenThousandVillages, bunny candleholder, and necklace/earring set are pictured above. She also drew me several pictures incorporating the word mom and I heart mom while we drove to Dave's for dinner. Ike bought me the flowers and promised a professional massage in the near future! Of course, this morning my cat knocked over the vase; breaking it and spilling water all over the table, chair, and floor! Great! I had to rush to clean it up and find a new vase before leaving for work.
In other news....I heard this morning at work that over the weekend some man from Altona murdered his girlfriend, who was cheating on him, and then killed himself. Six months prior she had left her husband and son in Alberta and started seeing this man. He wasn't enough for her so she cheated on him with some other guy, with whom she was in bed with when she was shot to death. Some people! Moral of the story...Don't leave your husband and don't cheat on your boyfriend!

1 comment:

  1. I love that bunny candle holder! Of course, I'm partial to anything rabbit related. It must have been strange all those other years being a mom but having your kids elsewhere. You are a fabulous mom and deserve to have a special day!!

    ReplyDelete