Our Little Piggie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, May 21, 2010

Time for Plants!

The other day, I decided that seeing as we were having 30C+ weather it was safe to start my garden and fill my planters with flowers!


In my garden I planted Roma Tomatoes, Spanish White Onions, Green Peppers, One lonely Purple Pepper (yes purple...I thought it would be fun), Anaheim Peppers (giant mildly hot full of flavor peppers, great for stuffing and grilling), Leaf Lettuce, Snap Peas, and Dill Weed. Take note of how my garden looks freshly planted and I show you an update in a few weeks!

Above is a Limon plant and some Lobelia...I just loved the look of the delicate tall stems and tiny flowers on the Limon! The Lobelia will produce soft pink flowers and is a cascading plant.
In this hanging basket I planted a Purple Heart and some pink Bacopas...Both are cascading flowers and will look magnificent if I can keep them alive all summer! In my other hanging basket I planted a Fuscia which I will post a picture of it when it is in full bloom as it is one of my all time favorite plants!

Here's my African Daisy...Loved the colour!

And my herbs...There's Lavender in the center (I know not an herb but I threw it in there), Oregano on the left, Rosemary on the right, and Summer Savory is the tall stems behind the Lavender (It's used in soups and dressings).

And another purchase I couldn't resist...my flowering cactus...hopefully the rain tonight doesn't tear my flowers off of it!

1 comment:

  1. Your plants look awesome!! Joel planted tomatoes & cucumbers in his parent's garden this weekend and it just made me want our own garden!!! I want a house!!! Ack! Ahem. Okay. I'm better now. I really like your choice of potted plants. Very eclectic and I just want to touch them all. :)

    ReplyDelete